Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Hooked!


Wow, not two weeks ago, the word blog meant very little to me. But today, I can honestly call myself a "blog-addict!" I'm not exactly sure how it happened, but I think it went something like this:

While searching online for my veil, I stumbled across the Wedding Bee Classifieds. Once on the site, I began to poke around. I was intrigued by the blogs and began to realize the wealth of information and inspiration that they held. "I can do this!" I thought, "I can blog!" So I found the link titled "Apply to blog" and decided it was time for me to start my own online journal for all the world to see. I have always enjoyed journaling, and I feel like I have learned so much doing all the wedding planning myself, that perhaps someone else can learn from my mistakes and discoveries.

Blogger was an easy choice, since I already had a gmail account. The hard part was picking out all the details, my layout, my colors, and finally, what to write first! I have so many ideas and things that I want to share. It's simply a matter of the amount of time in the day I have to devote to getting it all down on paper, er... the computer!

Once I started writing and following Wedding Bee a little more closely, I began to realize how many other wonderful wedding blogs are out there, just brimming with lovely photos, brilliant ideas and projects, and charming real weddings. Now, here I am, officially HOOKED!

Soon I will have completed my 15 post minimum, and I still plan to apply to blog for Wedding Bee. But whether or not I'm accepted, I am still glad I found this plethora of inspiration to help me put the finishing touches on my wedding. And perhaps I can inspire another bride-to-be along the way...

If you'd like to peruse some of the wonderful wedding blogs I've found so far, check out the list in the right-hand column of the page.


Anyone have any other favorite blogs they would like to share?

3 comments:

  1. Isn't WeddingBee the greastest? I've found endless inspiration there. Good luck with your application to become a bee!

    Some of my favorites wedding blogs are:
    http://jessicalynn402.blogspot.com/
    http://wemetinabar.com/
    http://www.swsmag.net/

    PS. Thanks for the blog love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lisa! Yes, WeddingBee is awesome!! Just curious, how did you find my blog? Thanks for becoming my first "follower!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jen! Thanks for commenting on my blog! I definitely think you should apply to Weddingbee, it is such a great site! To answer your question, I definitely get more comments on my Weddingbee posts compared to my own blog, but there are always the faithful followers (and my friends and family) that post on my personal blog as well! Keep up the blogging!

    ReplyDelete