But in the end, the venue we chose meant more than any of those places. It was Good Company, the restaurant where we first met. (I could go on and on about that night, but I'll save that for another blog!) I know a restaurant sounds like an unusual choice, but this place is awesome. Not only do they have great food, but the atmosphere couldn't be more creative, from the renovated historic brick building to the airy addition. There is a gallery on their website if you'd like to take a peek.Image Source
To pull this off, we only had one hurdle to overcome. Timing. We didn't want to interrupt any one's meal with our photo shoot, nor did we want random strangers in the backgrounds of our photos. The solution was obvious- come in before the restaurant opened for the day! So I proceeded to call and speak with the owner to see if this would even be possible. Thankfully, they had no problem with this and a date and time were set.
The day came before we knew it! The restaurant personnel were wonderful. They basically turned on all the lights for us and left us to wander around the building, while they prepared for the day in the kitchen. Aside from my stressing over what we wore, it was a completely comfortable experience. We never once felt unnatural or awkward, and the pictures show it. Mary was amazing and took so many beautiful pictures. I must confess: I have yet to order any because I can't make up my mind which images to choose! To avoid copyright infringement, here is a link to her blog, where she posted an entry about our shoot, along with a few of her favorite photos. And in case you are wondering, no, we weren't kissing in all the photos! :-)
Thank you to the owners of Good Company for letting use your space! And thank you to Mary for taking all the wonderful pictures!
If you are a future bride located in Wisconsin, I highly recommend you check out Majella Studio! The best part about her wedding package is that you receive all finished high-resolution images on a disc with copyright release for printing! That means unlimited printing! :-)
Did anyone else have their engagement photographs taken in an unusual or special location?

No comments:
Post a Comment