Thursday, May 14, 2009

A Brief Bio

I know it sounds cliche, but I can honestly say that I know more about who I am now than I ever have. When I look back at the course my life has taken over the past four or five years, I am simply amazed. I know we all say it, but had I known then what I know now... So who am I now? I could go on and on about where I've come from and who I've been, but for now I'm just going to stick to the present... This is supposed to be "brief," after all.


I'm a small town girl, always have been, always will be. I love spending time with family and friends and cannot express how important my family is to me. I love animals, especially horses. I have two horses that live on my parents' farm. I hope to begin competing again, maybe even this fall. I work for a small architecture firm and work on all types of projects. I don't have my architectural license yet, but I will begin taking my exams in the near future. I hold a Bachelor of Science degree in Architecture, but art was my first love. When I get a chance, I love to paint watercolors, acrylics, murals, walls, even faces. I truly believe in giving back to one's community and am an avid volunteer. I am active in my church and regularly volunteer in the children's ministry program. I am also involved in Big Brothers Big Sisters and Habitat for Humanity.

All things aside, I would have to say that the most exciting thing going on in my life right now is Josh. My Josh. We met last August, fell swiftly in love, and he proposed just after midnight of New Year's Eve. He is absolutely amazing, and we are even more amazing together. We are planning an August wedding for this year. Yep, that's only three short months away!

So that's me in a nutshell. I'm sure I'll spill more beans later... Now, on to wedding musings, my whole purpose for this blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment