Thursday, June 25, 2009

Cookie Monster

Okay, I know this is a bit off topic, but I just had to share!! If you don't like chocolate chip cookies, you can probably skip this. For the rest of you, enjoy!

I found this recipe over on Janice Rusnak’s blog Scissor Variations. I baked them last night with my Little (Big Brothers Big Sisters program), and we loved them! Hands down, this is the best recipe for guaranteed soft, chewy, chocolate chip cookies that I've ever tasted!



(Source)

It's not your typical back-of-the-chocolate-chip-bag recipe, so you'll likely have to go shopping for an item or two. Well, one item, that I definitely did not have in my cupboards: Instant Vanilla pudding mix. Sounds odd, but I'll never bake chocolate chip cookies again without it!

Here's what you need:

1 cup butter, melted
1 cup packed brown sugar
1 cup white sugar
1 pkg vanilla instant pudding mix (96g size—the regular 4 serving box)
1 Tbsp milk
2 eggs
2 tsp vanilla
2 cups all purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
2 cups milk chocolate chips


Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Grease baking sheets and set aside. (I used my stainless steel cookie sheets.)
In a large bowl, mix together butter, and brown and white sugars. Stir in dry pudding mix and milk. Stir in eggs and vanilla.
In a separate bowl, stir together flour, baking powder and baking soda, stir this into your butter mixture. (The batter will be a more moist than usual, but you don't need to add any extra flour.)


Drop by heaping 1 Tbsp about 2 inches apart onto your prepared pans. Bake in the center of your oven until golden brown around the edges about 12 minutes. Let cool for a few minutes on the baking sheet and then transfer to a rack to cool completely.


The recipe makes about 3 1/2 dozen cookies.

1 comment: