Ever since seeing this photo on the Knot, I've been drooling over Artecnica's "Until Dawn" curtains! They are made of Tyvek, and as an aspiring architect, I know that name well! If've you've built a house, you probably know too, but for anyone else who has no idea what I'm talking about, Tyvek is a synthetic material used as a building wrap. It is attached to the exterior sheathing, prior to the installation of siding, and is otherwise known as the air infiltration barrier. (In English :-), you cover your house with it before you put on your siding, to help keep the wind out.) Tyvek is tear, temperature, and moisture resistant. Dutch designer Tord Boontje, aka Artecnica, has created a laser-cut curtain out of this strong paper-like material, and it is gorgeous!! After seeing the photo above, I hunted down the product and found they cost anywhere from $90 to $125 each! Not for my budget, I thought.
Then this morning, a new email from One Kings Lane arrived in my inbox. "Denyse Schmidt and Artecnica Events Now Open!" Artecnica, I knew that name! Could it be? Was the "Until Dawn" curtain one of the items included in the sale?!? I was super excited to find out IT WAS!!! And at $49 (half the cost!!!), I could surely make room in my budget for that! Unfortunately, the beautiful lime shown above wasn't available, but lilac was, which will fit into my color pallette equally well!
My curtain, however, will be used a bit differently than the picture from the Knot. I am doing a seating chart, rather than escort cards, so I have two ideas for it. 1) A beautiful backdrop for the cake (the hall's walls are plain white) and 2) To display photos of my honey and me, clipped on, much like the escort cards. So we'll see what I decide... but either way I'm very excited to recieve my whimsical curtain!
Here are some other cool items designed by Artecnica: (The item on the left is a shade for a hanging lamp, and the item on the right is a table lamp with shade.)
P.S. If you've never heard of One Kings Lane, it's an exclusive home decor sales company that features top brands at discounted prices, sometimes up to 70% off! Each brand is only featured for a few days, and the items are only for sale while supplies last. If you're interested, let me know, and I'll email you an invite to join OKL.




No comments:
Post a Comment